I was watching anime with Graham and Ivy this morning (xxxHOLiC, seriously a shame they never followed through on completing the story arc for anime), when I noticed my name tagged in a post by my friend over at sfarnell. I have been nominated for the Epic Awesomeness Award! This is my first blog award nomination, and I’ve been having kind of a rough time lately, so for both of those reasons, this nomination meant a lot. Thanks, Simon! You’re pretty awesome too.
The rules are as follows:
1. You are awesome; tell us why.
2. You are my friend; tell us about other (blogger) friends.
3. Be creative, but it’s ok if you are having trouble with this one.
4. There are no direct questions to answer; let yourself run wild!
5. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
6. Notify your nominees.
Following are my answers:
1. I’m one giant blush right now, and while I know there are some nice things I like about myself, this is really hard to answer. I suppose if I had to answer, I’d say that I can be pretty awesome because I’m a really good friend, I have learned (more and more successfully) to cut my own hair, at one point in my life my husband and I owned over 1200 books, my life’s goal is to always be learning and growing, I am passionate about many things, and I can be a really good cook.
2. I have some pretty great blogger friends. Strawberry Koi has been an inspiration for being a Mom while still following my creative dreams. breelark always makes me think and chuckle a little with her tongue-in-cheek humour. Scars, Tears, and Training Bras and I don’t comment on each other’s posts much, but she is so candid and honest, I feel as though we are friends. There are many others, including Simon and paulydeathwish, whose posts always make me feel like there are other quirky people like me out there, like I am not so alone.
3. Why I never want syphilis.
4. Today’s self-care tip on my December 2015 Self-Care Calendar is: ‘Light a great-smelling candle and enjoy being home this evening!’ Gotta get me a candle. Anyone have suggestions for great scents?
5. Thank you so much, Simon! This truly made my day. ❤
6. I nominate:
So there you have it, my first blog award nomination! Enjoy!